Mechanical Engineer - Tonejet
Tonejet Limited is looking for a talented, motivated and ambitious Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience to join their growing Product Engineering team. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team developing digital printing systems: this will involve the analysis, design, test and manufacture of high-precision machinery, micro-fluidic printhead modules and fluid management systems.
The role will appeal to an individual with interests spanning mechanical engineering, applied physics, and project leadership; somebody who wants to own the design, development and production of complete systems from scratch. You will work closely with electronics and software engineers, chemists and physicists, leading teams and contributing to projects which will form the basis of our future growth.
Tonejet develops cutting-edge digital printing technology and equipment, based on our proprietary electrostatic drop-on-demand ink ejection technology. Our initial focus is on digital printing of metal packaging, with plans to broaden into other markets in the future. We are at an exciting point in the company’s growth as we approach the first Beta-machine installations, while simultaneously looking at new opportunities and applications for our unique and disruptive technology.
As an engineer at Tonejet your contribution will be immediate, involving fundamental technology analysis and development, new product design and existing product improvement programmes. Your most valuable asset will be your ability to leverage knowledge of engineering fundamentals to overcome novel problems. Your experience of hands-on mechanical engineering in a commercial context, working to deadlines and tackling difficult technical problems will be invaluable to the team. You will have the opportunity to lead project teams and take on responsibility for delivering solutions to technical challenges.
Qualifications and Training
- A 1st or Upper 2nd Class Degree from a leading university in mechanical engineering or related discipline
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will possess a mixture of the following:
- Curiosity, imagination, initiative and creativity
- A very strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals including analytical, experimental and creative capabilities
- Experience of project management, working to deadlines, setting technical direction and driving a project team
- Familiarity with 3D CAD
- Experience in digital printing / inkjet would be an advantage
- A strong ability to communicate with both colleagues and customers
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.