Design Engineer (Test Systems) - Tonejet
Tonejet Limited is seeking a talented test and design engineer to join our growing team.
We are looking for an engineer with a Manufacturing or Test Engineering background, who has a passion for designing test solutions and harnesses for PCBs, electro-mechanical assemblies and complex machinery for industrial / production usage.
- Designing and building test rigs and harnesses for PCBs, electro-mechanical assemblies and complex machinery from scratch.
- Hands-on manufacturing of test-rigs / cable harnesses for test solutions.
- Working with other Engineers and Production Operators to capture requirements for test-rig functionality.
- Validating test-rig designs / solutions against requirements specifications.
- Testing and programming incoming stock PCBs and fault finding and debug as necessary.
- Maintaining consumables stock for the Tonejet Hardware Lab.
- Helping with electrical commissioning and debug ofTonejet’s digtal printing systems.
Qualifications and Training:
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline from a good university.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience in developing ATE / Test Solutions for bed-of-nails testing, flying-probe testing or black-box testing.
- Able to define test processes to enable functional validation of newly designed products.
- Able to select, specify, and source components (switches, power supplies, data acquisition systems, communications adaptors) for automated test equipment.
- Working with data acquisition tools such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, DAQs and programmable AC / DC power supplies.
- Hands-on experience of working with, debugging and commissioning high-voltage DC (>1kV) and AC (1-phase and 3-phase) PCBs and systems.
- Strong knowledge of operator, product, and equipment safety in electrical test environments.
- Knowledge of industrial communications protocols such as MODBUS, Ethernet, and using RS232 / RS485 for serial communications interfacing.
- Experience of PCB design for test-rigs would be an added advantage.
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.